Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SNOW!!! & Mt'e San Gorgio


Tuesday, January 31, 2012 -- 12:20pm
(PS. I do this at the beginning of every post because apparently blogger sucks at figuring out what time zone I'm in)

SNOW IN RIVA! We finally got some snow here. It made everything even that much more beautiful. It was only like 2 inches and a lot of it melted by the morning, but it is snowing again now. So I'll post some pictures of that.
Also, I realized I never posted about my hike to the top of Mt'e San Gorgio, one of the two mountains that create the valley that Riva San Vitale sits in. I went with Rick, Chris, & Gavin. It was a brutal hike, but soooo rewarding. It took us about 2 hours to get to the top but it is like straight up the entire way. It's about an 800 meter climb. When it gets warmer and there isn't snow I plan on hiking Mount Generoso which is the other mountain creating the valley. That is about an 1800 meter elevation change and takes all day. About 5 1/2 hours up. The views were absolutely incredible and were definitely the most beautiful sights I have ever witnessed.

Looking towards Lugano from Mt'e San Gorgio

We are going to Vals, Switzerland in two days to stay in Peter Zumthor's Thermal Bathes. I also get my first chance to snowboard in the Swiss Alps. It's going to amazing, and freezing (apparently). There will definitely be a post this weekend after that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment