Friday, January 13, 2012

Finally Here! -- 11:22PM


After a little bit of flight delays I finally made it to Milan, Italy around 8:30AM Central European Time...aka 2:30AM Eastern Time. We had an amazingly beautiful taxi trip up to Riva San Vitale, Switzerland to find our home (as seen above).


We immediately checked in and toured the small town. It is absolutely incredible. The only way I can describe it is that every building was planned so beautifully, not only as an individual building but as a part of a whole. No matter where I pointed my camera today, it resulted in a beautiful picture. Everything just seems to be perfectly in place whether it be a 200 yr old building or a 10 yr old building. It all blends perfectly and flawlessly.


We helped Paola, our professor, set up the studio this afternoon, which is located on the top floor of the Villa (the three center windows on the front facade of the villa). My bedroom is connected adjacent to studio, so I will literally be living in studio.


Calling it early tonight since we have all been up for almost 24 hours due to our overnight flights. More images to come once I sort through all the pictures I took today of the villa and the town. Let's just say I have already easily fallen in love with this place and I still have 4 months to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Keep this up and I may have to start looking into flights. Looks beautiful. Enjoy every moment. Dad

    ReplyDelete